Take time for self-care, even if its 5-15 minutes a day.
Find a moment to cultivate your inner calm and moments of peace and serenity. Breath awareness can be done anywhere and it just requires 5-15 minutes of your time; it can be practice at any time of the day to cultivate inner calm and peace:
- Close your eyes and soften your eyelids;
- Take a soft, smooth, silky exhalation and inhalation and begin to simply observe your breath as it travels freely in and out of your body via your nostrils for a few moments;
- Bring all your awareness to your breath, allowing each and every breath to be deeper than the one before without forcing the breath. Just follow its natural flow and simply become a witness of your breath;
- Allow the breath to travel deep into your body to all parts of you, just letting the breath relax YOUR whole being.
- Relax the scalp;
- Relax the face muscles from top to bottom;
- Rest the eyes in the eye sockets and soften the eyelids;
- Relax the area between the eyebrows;
- Relax the jawbone;
- Relax the tongue on your lower palate;
- Have a soft, gentle smile on your lips;
- Soften and relax the throat;
- Soften and relax the heart centre - see your heart 'smiling';
- Soften and relax your abdominal area where all your inner organs are housed;
- Relax your arms and legs - allow the breath to travel to your whole body from the head to the feet;
- Allow relaxation through just simply bringing awareness to your breath, to your whole being - all of your inner and outer YOU;
- Observe how your breath is calmer and deeper; your whole body is more relaxed. Know that your breath is always available for you.;
- Take one more conscious breath, keep the soft, gentle smile on your lips and keep your heart smiling;
- Gently open your eyes and continue your day - CALM, AWARE and POSITIVE.