Take time for self-care, even if it's 5-15 mins a day
Find a moment to cultivate your inner calm and moments of peace and serenity. Breath awareness can be done anywhere and it just requires 5-15 mins of your time; it can be practiced at any time of the day to cultivate inner calm and peace:
- Close your eyes and soften your eyelids.
- Take a soft, smooth, silky exhalation and inhalation and begin to simply observe your breath as it travels freely in and out of your body via your nostrils for a few moments.
- Bring all your awareness to your breath, allowing each and every breath to be deeper than the one before without forcing it. Just follow its natural flow and simply become a witness of your breath.
- Allow the breath to travel deep into your body to all parts of you, just letting the breath relax your WHOLE being.
- Relax the scalp.
- Relax the facial muscles from top to bottom.
- Rest the eyes in the eye sockets and soften the eyelids.
- Relax the area between the eyebrows.
- Relax the jawbone.
- Relax the tongue on your lower palate.
- Have a soft, gentle smile on your lips.
- Soften and relax the throat.
- Soften and relax the heart centre - see your heart 'smiling'.
- Soften and relax your abdominal area where all your inner organs are housed.
- Relax your arms and legs - allow the breath to travel to your whole body from head to feet.
- Allow relaxation through just simply bringing awareness to your breath, to your whole being - all of your inner and outer YOU.
- Observe how your breath is calmer and deeper; your whole body is more relaxed. Know that your breath is always available for you.
- Take one more conscious breath, keep the soft, gentle smile on your lips and keep your heart smiling.
- Gently open your eyes and continue your day - CALM, AWARE and POSITIVE.